Ps2 Cdr Backup Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotsxychiq

Baseband Member
I'm trying to burn a backup of the game "Tekken Tag". I already ordered a backup copy from a company, but I want to back the copy up just in case that one gets scratched or something. Anyway, I have a macintosh computer with the OS10.2 and OS9.2 with a CD-RW/DVDrom combo drive. I've tried about a half a dozen ways to try and burn this game using roxio toast titanium. My PS2 is modded with the magic 3 modchip so I thought it was supposed to read all backups. Anyway, I've followed the mac guide on how to burn PS2 cd-r's, but my system still just says "please insert a PS2 or PS1 game". The last time I tried burning it by doing a direct burn on roxio, the verification failed and it gave me this error message:

Mismatch at byte 2350/sector 122413
Verification Failed

Does anyone know what this means??? Does anyone know any other kind of burning software I can download that will enable me to make PS2 backups, or maybe a different way of doing it that actually works? If you have any info, please email me or post a reply. My email address is: electronic_guru@consultant.com

THANKS!!!

Hehe, yeah, thats just what I did. I tried downloading it, but it is an executable file :( Ah well, what can you do. Perhaps I'll just have to invest in a pc sometime. What would you recommend for a system that is cost-effective but has quality too? (with a cd-rw & dvd rom and/or DVD-R)

do you think it would be a good idea to maybe order from a company in the UK and get it shipped here? or do you think it would be better to go ahead and buy something here in the states?

u need a dvd-r

ok if u want 2 make an exact copy of a ps2 game u need a DVD riter not a normal cd burner ok........because most ps2 games are dvd format not cdr format which means that they will only fit on dvd-r's..........

and i would recommend ditching the magic 3 cus they reck the Laser big time...so u should deffinantly get a messiah 2 pro ok......

oh if u want summ good sites 2 bye quality PS2 games REAL CHEAP emial me.........

jdmullet20015@bigpond.com

L8ter

Hi there,
I want to make exact copies in the future, but now I just want to try to make a replica of the a cd-r game I have for backup purposes in case it gets stolen or scratched or damaged. Is there a way to do this on a mac or a pc?

Oh how I wish I would have know about the laser thing. My PS2 has a lot of trouble playing stuff. Probably because of the lense. How does the magic 3 compare to the Messiah modchip in quality, features, cost etc?

Thanks!

ok sorry the magic three doesnt wreck ure laser(my mistake)
its the neo series that wrecks ure laser SORRY........

oh i would still bye the messiah 2 pro.......it boots backups better than magic 3 but is a bit more expensive////////

l8ter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom