proofread please

Good thing this is not for english class, because you have no thesis or Conclusion. Do not forget to indent your paragraphs, also did you use sources? Good site to create a work cited page is www.noodletools.com uses standard MLA or APA format.

lol this thread is like from a year ago guys. i was in grade 8 then :p

and it was for music class, and when i saw this thread back here today i was like :O

I just noticed that now. Didn't see the date. Compwebnut777 brought it to the top, do not post in threds over a months old.

I just noticed that now. Didn't see the date. Compwebnut777 brought it to the top, do not post in threds over a months old.

I saw it on the front page of the social lounge yesterday. That's why I posted in it. I normally don't go back more than 6 pages in the popular forums unless I'm looking for something.

I thought someone else posted in it but I guess that was not the case. I apologize for the mistake.

I was bored, so I re-wrote some of your paper. If you pass this in you will either get an A or be expelled for having someone else write your paper. You also might raise your teachers view on your writing potential so papers you write in the future could be graded more harshly. Use at your own risk :) .

Melodic Death Metal

Melodic death metal is a subgenre of Death or Heavy metal. It features similar characteristics to Death metal as well as Heavy metal, namely heavily distorted guitars, and questionable wardrobe choices. Contrary to the previously mentioned forms of metal, Melodic death metal usually dosen't involve the vocalist screaming. Some bands, such as Children of Bodom, do not follow this stereotype. Melodic death metal also has a more melodic feel to it, making it a calmer genre for listening purposes. Melodic Death Metal guitars are not as heavy-sounding as some might think. The music in Melodic death metal consists mainly of harmonic minor scales, as well as a keyboardist backing the music, giving it even more of a melodic feel.

Most melodic death metal bands are from the Scandinavian areas, but there are still melodic death metal bands from North America. Melodic death metal was invented in the early 1990's in Sweden and is sometimes called Swedish Metal. After a few years, melodic death metal bands started appearing out of Finland and other neighboring countries. It has increased in popularity in recent years. Some examples of melodic death metal bands are Children of Bodom and In Flames. The bands that pioneered this genre are Dark Tranquility, At The Gates, In Flames, and Carcass, although In Flames was the band that popularized the genre, even though it isn't as mainstream as some other genres.

Melodic death metal, though it originated from the same area as black metal, rarely speaks of Satanism or the downfall of Christianity. It features more “epic” lyrics. Also, Melodic death metal is incorporated in different types of music such as speed metal, thrash metal, and even classical music to achieve the sound it has.

The instruments mostly found in this type of genre are Electric guitars, usually 2 of them (1 for rhythm and one for lead), bass guitar, drums, and usually a keyboard. The drums in this genre are mostly really fast and have hard beating bass drums. The lead guitar's solos are usually playing fast harmonic minor scales but the rhythm guitar is there to add backing to the lead guitar as the lead guitar would sound bland without it. Sometimes, both guitars play the same thing together but like 3 notes apart and it makes a nice harmonic tone, or they just play the exact same thing. The keyboard in the band is there to add an even more melodic feel to the music.

The appearance of people playing metal in general varies significantly from how normal people are usually portrayed. They are notorious for having long hair accompanied by dark clothes. This can be seen in the following picture and many other pictures on this poster.

Back
Top Bottom