Projector looks pink

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
Our school is brand new. In one of my classes, the projector for the smart board is red. Me and another kid both looked at it, and found nothing. There is no adjustment for color on the projector using the computer input. The computer monitor is fine, and the projector is run from a splitter on a single monitor output.

So... since our tech takes forever to fix this stuff, what would you do? It is a NEC NP400

Try a different VGA cable.
+1, the different colour information is sent on different pins and the most common cause is when the cable is stretched and one of the colour pins is disconnected, rendering everything in a different colour. This especially happens with the bargain basement VGA cables that aren't always soldered together brilliantly.

I'd also try swapping the splitter outputs around, it's possible that there's an open circuit in the splitter somewhere causing the same sort of issue. Unlikely, but since it's an easy test it's worth checking.

Beyond that, you're looking at something wrong inside the projector itself, perhaps a dry solder joint, damaged lamp or something else. Whatever it is though if things have gone that far then I'd suggest waiting for the tech in the know to come and sort it out :)

Back
Top Bottom