Project with 2 old laptops

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
Wanting to see if I can make my 2 old laptops of some use, I am wanting to use the screens as extra monitors for my desktop. as of right now i have a 15" screen out of an old compaq and a 17.4" screen out of an hp with a bad mother board...

this is more of a project for fun and just to see if i can... if anyone has any ideas on how to do this and keep it clean please post up links...

ive read some articles saying that it is not possible but i believe otherwise and i see one thing on instructables that did a walkthough but he kept the laptop components as well, I would like to use just the screens and make my own casing for it...

any leads are much appreciated

If you let the systems run their own OS, you can use something like Input Director - Software KVM to Control Multiple Computers to control all of them from one system (i.e. your desktop PC in the middle) I use a setup where I have a desktop PC with dual monitors, and my laptop sits off to the side and runs as a slave to the desktop, so I can effectively work on three monitors at once. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom