~Project OC: Phoenix ready to go 3GHz~

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
Alright, considering the fact that my temperatures are pretty decent with the 2.8GHz overclock, I'm ready to go ahead and try a 3.0Ghz overclock and see what happens.

All I've done so far is increase the FSB to 311 and decrease the CPU Voltage to 2.1000v. I just went ahead and increased the FSB to 333 (for a 3.0ghz overclock), the PC booted up fine but then restarted by itself before the Windows welcome screen. Its back to 2.8 now.

Anybody willing to offer some more advice for my settings? True folder / cryman...come in here ASAP!

This should be an interesting overclock for a stock PC.

Chris

im here ghost and 1 point away from 2 bars hahaahaha.

well do u mean u lowed to 1.2v . try upping maby there wanst just enough power. try 1.225 then 1.250 .

Update:

After running a few tests and tweaking the system, it is finally stable and working perfectly @ 3.0Ghz OC! My voltage was set to 1.275V and believe it or not, my idle temperatures are as follows:

40*
42*
37*
39*

I'm extremely happy with this so far. I'll go ahead and perform another 12-hour stress test until tomorrow morning and hopefully this baby will be rockin!

FYI- I might go ahead and purchase a new HSF in the next few weeks.

there really really good temps.

so the vcore was the problem. glad your happy with ur oc . if it does become a little unstable like a few crashes here and there just up to 1.285 .

time to update the sig wooo!!

haha yeah, i'm running a CPU stab test right now with 100% load and my temps are hovering at:

I think that's the limit for me! If I realize that its anything above that point, I might go back to 2.8ghz. Who knows, maybe I still might go back to 2.8ghz just to be on the safe side.

Honestly though, this is great. Stock cooling, 3Ghz. And to think I wanted to get the Q6700 for double the money...pffft.

Yeah, those are amazing temps for stock! I'm running on a 9700 Zalman, and I'm getting those temps at 3.2GHZ (haven't raised voltage)

Thanks Kage.

Um, update:

Maybe CoreTemp is messing up, but check out this screenshot and tell me what's wrong...

Conflict.jpg

CoreTemp is reporting a 333 x 6.0 for my FSB....2000Mhz. WTF?

I double checked with Everest and it shows a 333 x 9, which is what I originally had.

Why is this happeneing? lol

That's the throttling...when the computer isn't under load, it's going to reduce the multiplier so it doesn't have to work so hard. Therefore saving energy, heat, and lessening the amount of stress on the processor.

u posted at the same time so i guess you missed what freestyler missed .

when your not doing much .eg the internet , it doesnt need to run at 3ghz .
so it lowers the multiplyer to 6 and lowers the cpu speed by 1 ghz .

when you open a game or video encoding it will go back up to 9 and you will be running 3ghz again

Back
Top Bottom