Programming noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorkChopz

Baseband Member
Hi guys i am really interested in making my own games and stuff i have been asking my internet friends and have read around on other forums and the all say start with c++ but i don't know anything at all so can anyone give me a link to a tutorial or give help at where to start.

Thanks in advanced. :heart:

I don't know if anyone else on this site uses this, but it really helped me learn.

This C++ tutorial taught me, and I am still learning from it. I don't know much about the gaming though.

Absolute c++ by Savitch is a great book worth investing in, if you're able to spend a little cash. It's the textbook I used in college.

It's got a ton of problems that you can work through, which is really essential to becoming a good programmer and covers all the basics you'll need.

a simple language such as python would probably be better just to learn the methodology of programming. then all you'l need to do to transfer to a different language is learn the syntax. to make your own games look into action script/flash or java. to build big games you will need a gaming engine such as unreal engine. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom