Programming Language Books/Tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SThompson86

In Runtime
Hello, I was wondering if any you could advise me on some good books or tutorials that will help me learn programming. Programming is one part of the computer realm I am completely black to. I am going to have a take a few programming classes in my classes to come, and I would like to have some idea of what I am getting into.

I know there are plenty books available, but I would like to be recommended to some tried and trued material.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I thought I would post in here since it is easier than starting a new thread. I am also new to programming. In fact I just started Programming in C++ today. I have limited experience programming with Java, J2ME, Javascript, C, HTML, CSS, XML and Python, and when I say limited, I mean very limited. :whistle:
Anyway I was also just looking for any books or net resources which could be helpful with especially C++.

Thanks in advance.

Python is a good beginner language as it is easy to pick up and start going. Though the syntax is quite different to the popular languages such as C++ and Java which are not as easy to pick up IMO.

I have done a bit of Python in mobile phone programming. It seemed ok, but I didn't get in depth enough to do anything useful.
I just started C# in POV-Ray on my course as well today. Hopefully I can pick this up fairly easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom