Programming ideas for a senior project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
Hey guys... Lately I have been thinking more and more about what I am going to do for my senior project and I thought it would be cool to do something with programming since that's one of the fields I'd like to get into. At first I was thinking that I could take a class/design a simple application... then the thought struck me of designing my own app for the Android OS. So I have some questions...

How hard is it to get comfortable enough with programming to write simple applications and on average how long does that take?

Suggesstions on what my app should if I do decide on designing one?

Is this idea fail? lol

How much do you know currently about programming? i.e you done any before?

I think Android uses Java, which IMO isn't as difficult as some other languages to learn. Still not 'easy' though. How long would you have to complete the project?

i've done a tiny bit with C++... thats it though

as far as time goes, i think it has to be all done around May next year

In that case go for it! A year and a bit is way more than enough. 3 months to learn the basics, 3 more months to get a little more proficient, and 9 months to get your app written. Easy :)

Stick with the guides on Sun Microsystem's site that oldskool linked to. They're the best of all.

You can run C++ coded apps on Android OS even though it only officially supports Java.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom