probs with windows explorer

cocoa1

Solid State Member
hiya. am new to the site so greetings to all. i have a couple of surfing probs.

basically i installed windows service pack 2 and adaware onto my laptop and since then when i try to download a file the "save target as..." option doesnt highlight for me to click it. this means that i cant download more than 1 at a time. :mad:

also when i do try to save something it downloads it into my temporary files instead of allowing me to choose where which is really annoying. :mad:

any ideas/suggestions?

Here is a suggestion....get firefox lol. On firefox you can download an advanced file download and it is easy to choose where to install stuff to.

yea like jack22 said get a different browser pretty much any browser is better than IE I personally prefer Slimbrowser available at www.flashpeak.com and I am pretty much te only one in all of Computer Forums who doesn't like Mozilla Firefox but its your choice.

It'sd not a windows explorer problem but internet explorer problem; and since they interlink if IE has a problem, windows explorer gets it tool.
What I would do is uninstall IE completely, all related patches as well as in the windows programs section (uncheck IE), as well as check the small box in the add/remove window which states: show all updates.
Reboot, cleanup all unnecessary files, and then do a basic IE installation from the windows section of the ADD/REMOVE icon in your control panel. Try it, and if it works fine, benchmark it in your system restore. Then do a windows update.
Millenium gave the option of fixing IE when you had these types of problems, but not XP!

cheers zero4zero. will give that a go also.

have got firefox. works a treat

download is dodgy. very very dodgy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom