Problems With New Ram

yobro03

Beta member
I have just bought a new 1GB stick of Crucial ram. I installed the ram but when i turn it on i just hear a beep, then it stops and beeps again. Bios wont load. Before installed it i Had one 512mb of crucial ram installed. I have checked the new stick on its own and it works fine. I have even checked each ram module in each socket just to make sure the MOBO wasn't faulty. Here is my spec:

AMD64 3200+
XFX Nvidia 6600GT 256mb AGP 8x
ECS NFORCE3-A939(V1.0A)
Crucial 512mb Unbuffered PC3200
350Watt Power supply

If anyone has any tips please help.

I don't think you can run those two at the same time because they might be different speeds or you might have them in the wrong spot

Have u tried sticking the 1gb into a working slot ie that it boots from without the 512mb added, then tried the other slots with the 512 in? until one works, if at all. In theory the speed shouldnt matter i dont think as they will automatically clock down to the lower speed, might be wrong tho.

yobro03 said:
I have just bought a new 1GB stick of Crucial ram. I installed the ram but when i turn it on i just hear a beep, then it stops and beeps again. Bios wont load. Before installed it i Had one 512mb of crucial ram installed. I have checked the new stick on its own and it works fine. I have even checked each ram module in each socket just to make sure the MOBO wasn't faulty. Here is my spec:

AMD64 3200+
XFX Nvidia 6600GT 256mb AGP 8x
ECS NFORCE3-A939(V1.0A)
Crucial 512mb Unbuffered PC3200
350Watt Power supply

If anyone has any tips please help.

I think he has the right one. He said it worked alone

yeah its like i said before my mobo has two slots and i have tried each memory module in each slot seperatley and the computer boots. its only when i try and pair them that i get the beeping.

oh my bad just read through that quick, did u read the motherboard manual? it might tell you which slots to put the memory first

i thouhgt bout that to and had a good read so i tried the memory in alternate slots also but still i get this damn beeping

Back
Top Bottom