problems with new 5.1 speakers

havent you got it in your start>programs>entertainment or that
it should be in control panel
find it i had the same problem with mine and i am 90 percent certain it will be this with yours

what sound card do you have, if its a soundblaster, go into it and select eax consoll and select cmss3d then enable it, see if that works.
woz

thats what my EAX console looks like. I looked through all the settings and I still cant find the command to enable it.

philipcooper said:
figureed go into your nvidia nforce control panel.
then go under the speaker setup and there are check boxes on the left make sure you have (create central chanel) ticked
let me know if it worked

well from what I can tell that is a mobo application. And he probably doesn't have it because it's the mobo is different.

So just have a look around ur mobo stuff.

Yeah because music is usually only 2.1.
Adding the Centre channel in that case, will only place sounds that are at the same volume on each of the left and right speakers into the middle channel.

There are a few sound programs also though, like Winamp has a surround sound Option I think, that will fake surround with music, though usually this means placing the left speakers sound at the back left as well, and the same with the right, so creating a complete fake surround.

The only time you'll get full true surround is through games and DVD's when 5.1 channels are selected.

Back
Top Bottom