Problems With Knoppix LiveCD

Just to make sure, when you are in the / directory of the knoppix CD what files do you see? If all you see is a knoppix.iso file you didn't burn the CD correctly. Also what version of knoppix are you downloading, it's the newest version correct? If you have done everything correctly, then I would think you have some kind of unsupported hardware. Perhaps if you list your knoppix version and your hardware, I can look to see if you have unsupported hardware. Also does any other bootable CD boot successfully on your system?

The only file that i burnt onto the CD was the iso file for Knoppix version 3.8
I haven't boot many CDs from my system so i am not sure whether my computer has compatibility issues with the system booting from a CD ...

Well, the version of Nero that i use has different functions and menus but that is just about what i did :(
I think i will just give up
I really want to try Linux though :(

Yeah, but only a level of extra security you don't need :p I'd rather have enough security and more functionality, than more than enough security at the expense of functionality.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah, but only a level of extra security you don't need :p I'd rather have enough security and more functionality, than more than enough security at the expense of functionality.

Security you don't need? Right, "I want my data manipulated, and my privacy stolen!" Linux has just as much "functionality" as windows does...the command line. GUI's that run on *nix have come far as well, just look at KDE or Gnome.

I don't know anybody to whom that has happened :p The Security Windows has given everybody I know has kept them away from any kind of problems, until of course they become stupid and download things they shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom