Problems with GTA IV

those are forceware 180 drivers do they have support for the 8600 because last time I checked they only supported 8800 and up

This game is plagued with bugs imma wait till they fix them before I get it.

I have been looking around to see if anyone else is having my problem with the camera swaying back and forth because that can't be a feature of the game because you can't aim at people when your crosshairs are swaying too. All I know rockstar better hurry with a patch because this game is unplayable in its current state which is really sad. I have even read that some people who got the game off steam were given a refund.

edit: found a video of the camera shake thing just to give u guys an idea of what its like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-10g-Xyv9YU

if the camera constantly sways and the car moves when your not pressing the gas then you have an illegal copy with a crappy patch.
ive got a "legal copy" and am using the new patch. works fine. it runs perfect on low - med on my laptop.
ive seen a nvidia update thats meant to run it better too. might give that a go.

I am going to get a legal copy I just wanted to see how it ran before committing to buying it. Do legal copies have these problems at all?

i heard steam were refunding people because of the problems.
think its to do with ati cards or something.

i heard steam were refunding people because of the problems.
think its to do with ati cards or something.

ok I have a legal copy now and the drunk camera is fixed but now I have a new problem that wasn't in the bootleg copy. sometimes when I am driving a really fast car the textures in the game pretty much disappear then I can see them start to come back as I slow down. Could that be another video issue? I have the geforce 180 drivers for gta 4 now too.

Man if there are really problems with both ati and nvidia they shoulda worked these kinks out before releasing the game then having people get all mad about it

first problem: The camera sways kind of back and fourth randomly which is really annoying. I'm not sure if that is a feature of the game though
There's an option in the settings called handbrake cam, or something along those lines, turn it off.

not sure about the textures, but i heard people are having problems with that aswell :(
i guess im lucky. it lags a bit now and then but apart from that its fine :)

Back
Top Bottom