Problems With Games Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewandowski_69

In Runtime
Hello i just bought a new motherboard its a via mobo with a ati radeon 9600 pro 1gb of ram but only recongnizes 768mb of it? I switched the ram around several times, a amd athlon +2400 overclocked to 2.2ghz stock at 1.8ghz and i also have a decent power supply its a power supply that came with a aspire turbo case (350 watt) so far ive had no problems with it before even with a 9800 pro with it.

When i play counterstrike source on my steam account after nearly 5 minutes it crashes to the blue screen or soemtimes my sound goes off and it just locks up completely. And it does the same with other games. When it does this rarely i get to the desktop and when i do i cannot reconnect to the internet.

Could this be due to my video card drivers? Motherboard driver? pehaps power supply? Though i dont think its my power supply. Could it alos be the thermal paste i used on my cpu its been relieble to me so far too.

Another thing is that my pc doesnt shut down when i am on msn listening to music or browsing the web etc. I also downclocked my processor to 2.0ghz to see if that solved it, didnt work though.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

hmmm... Check the manual that came with your mobo. See if it has the max capacity labeled for each ram slot. If it is less than 1 GB, then that is at least one problem. For the games crashing, it COULD be related to that, but it is probably something else.

Maybe your video card is overheating? Do you notice any artifacting before the freeze?

re

none, i mean the sound usually goes off before it freezes and you might be right about the ram ill check it then let you know how it works.

Thanks alot, ill keep you updated.

Nope, nothing same things happen, and when i was watching video and listening to music it shut the monitor off and the pc fans and everything else was still running.

Have you checked the core temp of the CPU in bios after a crash?
I had a similar problem but i found that cpu was fine but i replaced my 1 gb RAM with 2x 512mb and ran dual channel that helped

Ya, stealth you might be on to something here, i know my temp of my cpu is around 41 cel after boot. I think it might be a possiblity that the cpu doesnt have enough thermal paste or it isnt spread evenly and is overheating. I think my friend had the same problem with the pc he built for another guy. Anyone with this problem should re-apply or check their thermal paste job if your in my shoes.

Ill remember to check my cpu temp in bois after it gays up on me again.

Thanks for your help.

My comp just shut off after watching a video on youtube. What could be the problem?

I checked my cpu temps they seem fine too. 36 cel after thta happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom