Problems accessing data on WIndows

banyanbraid

Solid State Member
I am dual booting Ubuntu 11.04 and Windows 7 via the wubi installer. While working on Ubuntu, I mounted the my Windows partition using the NTFS configuration Tool and enabled read/write on the Windows partition. For some stupid reason, I decided to change the name of my personal folder in the host folder of the Windows partition.

Ever since that every time I log on to Windows, I am automatically logged on as a temporary user. The Action Center bubble reads something along the lines of "You are a temporary user. Anything you do on this will not be saved. To fix this, log off and try logging on later. See Event Log for details."

The good news is that I can still access all my data on Windows but it is not as easy as before. Before my mishap, the only two folders in the location C:\Users were "Public" and the personal folder assigned to my username. After the mishap, the folders in this location show "Public", the personal folder (Sankalp), "TEMP", "TEMP.SANKALP", "Test", and "UpdatesUser". However the icons for the folders "Sankalp", "TEMP", "TEMP.SANKALP", show a lock on them, while the other 3 have the typical Windows folder icon.

How do I fix this? PLEASE HELP!!!!

the only permission that I do not have are special permissions to my personal folders. Also, I can still read/write to this folder. Whereas before I could see my music collection by just clicking start and clicking on the shortcut to the Music Folder in Libraries, I now have to go to C:/Users/Personal_Folderj to see any of the files. And as I said before, once I restart the computer, nothing gets saved.

Back
Top Bottom