Problem with Wireless USB Adapter (Linksys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

novi

Beta member
Hello.

My network is made of Wireless Access Point Router with 4-Port Switch - Version 2 (BEFW11S4) and Wireless USB Adapter (WUSB11 ver.2.6) and ADSL Router.

I have installed Windows XP with SP1 and they are working properly. I have also installed all drivers for your Wireless USB Adapter. All in all my network is working with no problems but there is something I can not explain myself ie exactly every (one) minute the connection between Wireless USB Adapter and Wireless Access point stops for exactly 1 second(speed network connection falls to zero). Then again after this second - the connection speeds up to normal. And this is happening again and again every 1 minute like I said before. I have tested it many times.

Distance between Wireless USB Adapter and Wireless Access point is 20m and working with 11Mbps.

Can you help me fix it? Do you have an explanation for this?

Thanky you for your help.

There should be a setting in the TCPIP options and possibly one on your routers...

I couldnt tell you exactly where on your router, but its just a guess.

novi said:
Hello.

My network is made of Wireless Access Point Router with 4-Port Switch - Version 2 (BEFW11S4) and Wireless USB Adapter (WUSB11 ver.2.6) and ADSL Router.

Alrighty then novi. You may need to update your driver ya know. It might always fix bugs like that...

http://www.linksys.com/download/driver.asp?dlid=69&osid=6

That's the link you need to see if you need a newer driver.
(That's the WUSB11 Driver) It was updated 8/30/02

Now for your BEFW11S4, you need to upgrade the firmware...

http://www.linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=160

This was updated 12/24/02.. Fairly new!

thanks hp_spec!
i have already done this! I got all new drivers I needed und upgraded. But the problem is still here.

maybe some more idea what to do next?

Thanks.

I am having this same problem. I emailed you a few days ago but haven't heard back. Anyone else have a possible solution to this?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom