Problem with sound hardware?

wiiarethesound

Beta member
Hi there,

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post for help re: hardware issues, but I am having trouble with getting any sound from my computer. Anyway, the issue is pretty simple. I can't get any sound from either the front or rear speaker jacks on my computer. I know it is not my speakers because I can plug my iPod into them and they work just fine.

I am not using a seperate sound card, just the on board one that came with the motherboard. The strange thing is that one day I had sound and the next I had nothing. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can fix this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Erm, I dont know how much you know about computers, but its best to start with the basic solutions.

Have you got it muted somewhere? Check on the bottom right for an audio icon, click it to see if its muted.

Have you got audio manager software on your computer? Have a look around in there incase you may have changed a setting.

If you do have audio software on your pc which manages your audio, you could try unistalling it, then re-installing it.

I'll admit I'm not an expert when it comes to computers, but I'm not a complete newbie either. In the system tray I have two icons:

Realtek HD Audio Manager and the standard Windows Volumes icon. I have opened both and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with either of them. Both show that there is audio being output (the mixers hve activity) which makes me think that it's a hardware problem. Neither of the audio jacks works however, which seems strange to me.

After a bit more searching on Google I figured out what the problem was. I somehow managed to change my settings from Speakers to Realtek Digital Output. Not sure how that happened, but everything seems to be working again. :)

Back
Top Bottom