Problem with Motherboard/ integrated graphics card

sweetooth6669

Solid State Member
I have a motherboard and it is beeping during the post. In the book, in the troubleshooting part, it says for the "continuous long beeps" it says "graphics card not inserted properly". I do not have an external video card.

When I was putting in the mobo I moved the graphics card part. It's able to move around now and it's on springs/tabs. Did I break it? Or am I able to put it back into the slots? I haven't pulled it off cause it's quite difficult and I'm afraid of doing more damage. What do you guys think??

How do I know if it's not broken? Thanks in advance. I really don't want to buy a new motherboard.

Here's the motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128455

When you say I moved the graphics card part, do you mean you broke the PCI slot away from the motherboard, and now it is just "hanging" there? If so, you could go into the BIOS / UEFI and change the display to integrated graphics. However, I don't know how the hardware check will work when you boot up the PC after that.

No, it's the integrated graphics card. It's not hanging there, but it's able to be moved albeit very little since there are plastic holders (they hold the graphics module onto the board) with springs. When I first got it, it didn't move so I'm wondering if there are slots behind there that the moduel is held on by.

Back
Top Bottom