Problem with Laptop

cjp13

Beta member
Ok So I have an HP Pavilion laptop
It has a AMD Turion64 mobile processor
866 mb of ram
70 gb of rom
don't know the mother board
ATI Radeon xpress 200M something gfx card, I know it works fine because I've played good games on it and it worked find before.

It used to never do this now all of a sudden it runs SO slow when certain things are trying to start or even just idle. Like when I am trying to listen to MP3s on Winamp. It will skip (the sound) but it has a pattern. When I look at the graphs on Task Manager the graphs go up and down with pc usage giong up and down to like 100 to 30 100 to 30. This happens when ever I want to do anything now.

I run windows XP home edition. I tried formatting wit XP pro this just made things worse. So I reformatted back to XP home with the discs that came with the labtop. Now i'm just lost I have no idea what the problem can be. Because it was fine for a while but all of sudden begins again.

Yes, and I even downloaded the "Most Highly Recommended" registry cleaners. All do not work. As I said before, I completely Reformatted and I'm not just talking about putting in the cd and let it do all the work. I deleted the entire partitoin manually and formatted the drive. Still problem comes back after a while of normal use. I don't get it...

Back
Top Bottom