Problem with laptop not capable of booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashogun

(>-_-)>
My friend has a HP Pavilion DV6000 which can't boot past the HP Pavilion screen. Sometimes it gets past the HP Pavilion screen and goes into the XP Windows loading screen, but it freezes after it reaches that point. But most of the time the computer either turns black, freezes, and reboots after a I turn on the power or it displays the HP Logo, freezes, and reboots.

We tried taking out the RAM sticks and fitting them back in again. The hard drive seems to be attached fine and it seems to work properly as we were able to format it with a Windows OS. Is this a hardware issue?

I think it's hardware related. If I let the laptop rest for 10 minutes and turn it back on, it sometimes would successfully boot to windows.

I reformatted it 3 times already and it didn't make a difference. I think it's something in the motherboard as I tried putting the RAM into another laptop: it works fine. The hard drive seems fine as it boots to windows and there isn't any hard drive errors display\ed

There might be a problem with the OS however since its doing it even while its not loading windows it might be the bois. did u see if theres an update or anything out there for it?

No this is not BIOS or software related, if it had anything to do with the BIOS or RAM it wouldnt get to different parts of the boot process, sounds to me like the CPU is overheating, try to prop the laptop up on some CD cases and see if it boot further, if not your gonna need to open up the laptop and digg around for any debris or dust and reapply thermal paste to the processor

Another thing it could be is a power supply problem. have you tried any other PSU? start with the simple obvious things and work from there. changing out a known good PSU is quick and painless, and could be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom