Problem with GFX Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

cammm14

Baseband Member
I bought my 256 MB Geforce Fx 5600 a few years ago........ After awhile it started acting weird. When i play games like unreal and wow for sum reason it will pause for like 2 secs then all of the game will be in little blocks and game will be all blotchy.... n e one know what the prob could be ive tried drivers n new moniter so far nothin worked....:mad:

will need system specs.. how big is your psu?,, what are the temps of the card?

And also, do you have any other cards to try just to rule out any other problems?

I would suspect perhaps the card is either overheating a little bit, or you have the settings up too high...

1. Have you dusted your PC case lately? If you haven't opened the case since you got the card, I would open it, take out the card, and get all of the dust out of the fan and heatsink... This would be my number 1 suspician... dust likely causing overheating. Perhaps the fan is filled with dust, and stopped spinning...

2. What are the specs on the rest of your system? (Mobo, CPU, RAM, OS, etc. etc. etc.)

3. What settings level do you have the games set for? If you have already dusted the inside of the case, then set all of the game settings on lowest possible... from there, work them up until just before you have the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom