Problem with Flash Buttons. I only want to single click them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Using both Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Frontpage 2003, I am putting together a website for some one.

However i am having a problem with Dreamweaver's Flash Buttons.
I am using the flash button so move from one page to the next on the website. When I go to preview the website in IE or Firefox, it seem that I am required to double click on those.

I have Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Frontpage 2003 at my disposal.
I do have a copy of FLASH MX 2004, however i really don't know much about that part.

I would like it change this so the viewer only has to single click on the flash buttons.

How do I go about doing this?

That's weird, I never had that problem with the Dreamweaver buttons. Try a different browser/flash plugin.

And things are just getting weirder

I have not done any thing yet to fix this problem. However I have noticed the following.

If I view the website with Firefox Ver 1.0.5.4, I don't have any problems with having to click once in order to do to the next page.

If I view the website with Internet Explorer Ver. 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2.gdr.050301-1519, I need to double click these flash buttons.
However once the website have been view once (an every thing is in internet cache), then I only need to click once to process the hyperlink.

The problem is that I need to be able to view this site flawlessly under internet explorer.

[EDIT]I have just tested with Safari 6.3.2 for Mac, and it works fine. It's just the current version of internet explorer where I am having the problem. (Shakes fist at Microsoft)[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]Still Trouble Shooting.....
It not a matter of double clicking under internet explorer. It a matter where I need to click the button a second time in order to get it to work. :mad: [/EDIT2]

Tryied the lastest flash, and it's still doing the same thing.

u sure it just isnt taking a while to load? sometimes on a slow connection it may seem like u need to double click when actually its just loading.

why dont u upload a test file for us to try on our systems?

same problem was happening locally too.

After doing some research into it, some one told me that is has come thing to do with Adobe and Microshaft.
In a nutshell, it's the same thing that happened with Java a few years back.

So in the end, I have just made a flash and non flash version of the website. :(

I did not want to do it that way, but I rather not have a website fall over just because Microsoft Feels the need to flex their muscels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom