problem with cell phone car charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
I dont know where else to ask but my dad s cell phone will not charge in his car anymore, it will charge in the house with the same charger. Also a few other things will not work in the car anymore like my mp3 player adapter and laptop.
I think something is wrong with the outlet in the car but my dad needs this to charge his phone because he is hardly ever at home to use the wall charger.

It's probably the outlet like you said, since nothing else works in it either. Have him taker it to the dealer. They'll be able to fix it.

Why doesn't he just charge his phone at night? It doesn't take that long at all.

he works nights and forgets to get the phone every tome unless reminded if he goes anywhere,if the phone stays in the car he never forgets it because its always there. The light comes on at the base of his charger when its plugged into the car so i figure its doing something with it.

EDIT: ****!! Crap the laptop will not charge in here either now but its kinda old and on its death bed anyway but still ****

Hmm...that's weird that the light comes on then. Do you have more than one cigarette lighter outlet in the car? Or any of those "auxiliary ports" or whatever they call them? (It's basically a cig lighter, just without the lighter part).

Ah. Well, the best course of action would be to just take it in and get it looked at. It's probably not getting enough power for some reason.

i just found out it will charge my mp3 player with a car port to usb adapter but how much power do those draaw, probably not as much as a phone charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom