Problem with camcorder

Daforave

Beta member
Hi,

I bought a Sony HDR CX240E about a year ago now. Ever since I've got it, I have been unable to get back sufficient space after deleting videos. Each time I delete something, I only get a small amount of what I had originally. I started off with about 5 hours of footage now I am under an hour. Please may you help me with a solution.

Many thanks.

Have you ever plugged it into a computer to see what is on it? Im thinking there might be additional information the camcorder is storing on the memory card so when you use the cam to delete the video its not clearing the card. If you use a computer to view whats on the card you might find out.

Could also have a recycle bin type of feature, where it doesn't actually delete it until you remove it from the recycle bin, similar to a PC.

There's nothing such as a recycle bin. The only folders there are the ones containing videos I haven't deleted, and another with a web link for product registration.

Is there any setting in the cam for not permanently deleting files?

It may function like a recycle bin (in regards to saving something that was inadvertently deleted) but may not appear when browsing the files.

Also make sure that you enable the view of hidden files and folders when looking at the memory card contents on your computer.

Apologies for not replying.

I've looked everywhere in the camera and found nothing.

I also checked the hidden files and nothing appeared there.

I'd imagine I will just have to get a new memory card eventually really. It seems strange that I get some space back but not all.

Back
Top Bottom