Problem with Belkin Wireless G Router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwisdom

Baseband Member
I have a Belkin Wireless G Router, 2.4 Ghz. When i first got the router it worked fine and i never had any connection issues, but in the last month or so it will be connected for a short time(5-15 minutes) and then it will disconnect. The only way i can fix that is by resetting my cable modem and my router and then that only causes it to do the same thing listed above. I have not changed any of the settings on the router. I have always used WPA-TSK to secure my netwok.

Also i can be using my laptop right in the same room as the laptop (my room is quite small) and it still will do the same thing and i have moved phones and other things that i thought would mess the signal up.

A couple of questions:

1) What's the model number of the Belkin product that you are using?

2) Firmware version of the product as well?

3) Brand and model # of wireless adapter?

A couple of things to consider first:

1) You may want to try a different firmware version of the router first. Take a look at Belkin's site and see if they have any updated firmware versions from the one you are on.

2) After upgrading the firmware version on the box, try and set it on a different channel. Since 2.4GHz phones hardly tell you which channel they are working on these days, you can still release your network adapter from your own network and look to see what wireless devices are in your broadcast range of your box from the wireless adapters connection utility (whatever it may be). Make sure that you don't have any other devices in your range on the same channel, or simply put....just try a differnt channel on your own router for a while and try to rediscover the same problem on a different channel.

But most certainly reply in here with your model number because there are a couple of Belkin firmware versions for certain models that you want to stay away from. Hopefully the above will at least get you started though.

Model# f5d7230-4
firmware version 6.00.10

On my laptop the wireless adaptor came with as part of the Intel Centrino thing they have. And then the wireless adaptor for my gradparents computer is a belkin wireless g USB network adaptor and the model number is f5d7050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom