problem(?) with Albatron 7600 GT card!! PLZ read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmore

Beta member
Hi all!!About 2 days ago I bought a Albatron 7600 GT graphics card, i installed it and tried to see how it would perform with some games..i tried Hitman:Blood money, Oblivion, NFS:Most wanted, Fear...although generally i was satisfied with it's performance i couldn't help but notice that there were small lock-ups when the "game action" was too much, also i checked the temp of the GPU and it was 70 degrees Celcius!! The idling temp was 65 degrees!! Is that normal?? I must admit that the air flow in my PC case isn't that good..:( (only one fan for the case)..also since I'm in a warm country (Greece) and it's summer we got high temps, about 33*C, can this affect the GPU temp? what should I do? many thanks in advance!:cool:

What are your complete system specs, the lagging is most likely due to a slower processor or not enough RAM. We'll be able to help more if we have some more info.

The temps sound a little high but i wouldnt worry since graphics cards can withstand v.high temperatures. Try adding some more fans if you can.

A good test would be to play games with the case open and a desk fan blowing in it to see if overheating is causing the problems.

My system specs are Pentium 4 3GHz
1 Gb RAM
60gb WD HDD
120gb Seagate HDD
on-board sound card
hope that helps! sorry for not posting them earlier! :)

From where do i see the CPU temp?? (noob)
I bought one more case fan installed it and watched the idling temp fall from 65*C to 60*C, I removed the sides of the case so that it would open to the enviroment and placed a bigger fan blowing directly inside the case, and the temp dropped to 57*C! Big change but still i am not happy with it, where can i see which are the normal temps of my card? Many thanks again!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom