problem with agp card

raj_smart09

Beta member
hi,

i have an intel i740 16 mb agp card. I'm facing a problem which i am unable to solve. my computer crashes as soon as i start any game that uses my 3d card. the game starts but the system hangs immediately after few seconds.is there any solution for this.

thanks-----raj

ummm..

what kind of game is this. You do know that your video card is not one that can play any games like doom 3 or anything rite?

How does it crash, what errors do you get? My first guess is something with directx. Perhaps try OpenGL to see if that'll work, or software rendering.

I assume you've updated all your drivers; ones for the card, AGP slot(or motherboard drivers in genreal) directx...

And you'd be suprise what you can do with limited RAM. I had GTA3 Vice City playing on my Desknote with 8M shared. That was with the old drivers though. Now I must share 16... Odd flaw, huh?

reply to the agp problem

hi,
thankx for showing up,what actually happens is as soon as i start any game that uses 3d acceleration, the game starts and within a moment the system crashes without any error. i've tried with all types of games and same thing happens. i use directx 9.

thanks -------raj

raj_smart09 said:
hi,

i have an intel i740 16 mb agp card. I'm facing a problem which i am unable to solve. my computer crashes as soon as i start any game that uses my 3d card. the game starts but the system hangs immediately after few seconds.is there any solution for this.

thanks-----raj

I just put one in a 3 gig machine while I fitted my 6800 with a new cooler. They don't like fast machines, had the same problems you have. Check how hot it's heatsink is, be carefull. Theyre just not up to the task for modern pc's

Back
Top Bottom