Problem starting a computer with xp...help!!!

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hi guys..... i got infront of me now a older ibm desktop computer with a amd 500mhz cp[u with about 92mb ram...and a 4gb hard drive.... now... i have tried to install 98, me, and even 2000 and xp...but i can not get the computer to goto the desktop and let me be able to use it.....

when i tried to install 98 or me... it got to the desktop but the instance it did... it came up a windows protection error (if i rmeber correctly)... and said system haluted and to press any key to resart(although if u pressed a key it wouldn't reboot...)...

so i looked at the xp requirements and decided to give that a try... now after it formatted the drive and copied the files to the hard drive.... and it rebooted.... i can't goto the xp boot screen... it haluts the system with a blue note... and below is some of the info i found out....

Driver_IRQ_Not_Less_or_equal ........ and then below from the a ways it says:

Stop: 0X000000D1 (0X82FF0985, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X82FF0985)

i ran boot cds to test the ram and mb and stuff and it all passed.... can anybody help me fix this?, thxs, shawn

umm try 2 things ?

if u can . try diff RAM and try flashing your bios ?

i was googling.. on this site:

http://www.pro-networks.org/XPMaNiA/stop_errors.shtml

and saw it said about a conexant modem driver causing troubles....s o i just pulled out pci modem card... and now i got another error...let me go down and right the note down....

edit: heres the new error i get:

it doesn't say what it said before about driver not less or equal any more... but at the bottom of the blue screen it says:

stop: 0X0000008E (0XC000001D, 0X804E16EE, 0X805501A0, 0X00000000

i have been playing with it last nite.... and every so often i get this error now before the blue screen:

Bios V3.2

0662. Floppy Drive Error (because i disconnected the floppy drive)
0162. Equipment configuration error <--- what does that mean ?

and i have tried to goto safe mode and i still get blue screen of death....

Back
Top Bottom