Problem at XP logon -- admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
Hey, I just recently hooked up my old machine and got a slew of updates for XP. When I restarted the computer, instead of automatically logging in to the only account on the machine, it showed an "Administrator" log in. I figured this was just my account, which had no password. When I click on it, it asks me for a password. Nothing works, not even just leaving it blank!

Is there any way I can just get in to my normal account?

Reboot into safe mode, log onto the hidden Administrator account, go to your user options, and remove the password on the other account.

And to disable the welcome screen on logon if removing the password doesn't get rid of it: Start > Run > type: control userpasswords2 > uncheck the box that says "require users to enter a password on logon" or something similar to that.

Reboot into safe mode, log onto the hidden Administrator account, go to your user options, and remove the password on the other account.

And to disable the welcome screen on logon if removing the password doesn't get rid of it: Start > Run > type: control userpasswords2 > uncheck the box that says "require users to enter a password on logon" or something similar to that.

When I boot in to safe mode, it still wants me to log in to the administrator account that I don't have the password to. This is before I even see the safe mode desktop

That would only work on 2 conditions.

1. The PC can boot from USB
2. The program can be "burned" or installed to the USB.

That would only work on 2 conditions.

1. The PC can boot from USB
2. The program can be "burned" or installed to the USB.

Ugh, more problems. The computer this is happening on is from 1999 and has some wicked USB 1.1, so no, booting from USB isn't an option :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom