Problem after installing pc in new case.

variablast

Solid State Member
Hi I need a little help here . Today I got a new case for my pc and after unplugging everything from my old case and plugging onto my new case I get no video on my monitor.And I notice the fan on my video card doesn't come on, only the fans on my case...I think I might have made a bad connection. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong? It's a brand new computer so it can't be a bad part.

Re-check all cables, wires, connections, video card, memory, everything. Make sure there are no misplaced standoffs under the motherboard that could cause a short.

Thanks for replying Atomic Rooster

I did =[ I even tried putting it back in the case it was in and nothing. I'm a noob when it comes to computers, so I might have connected something in the wrong place or not connected something.

I have this mobo
GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P ATX AMD Motherboard

a disc drive and a hdd.

I have 2 x2 gb memory.

If iI were to take a photo of my mobo how I have it connected right now, would somebody be able to tell if something wasn't plugged in or wrong?

im gonna cry now ='[

Do you have the power cord connected to the video card? Also check to make sure the 8-pin auxiliary cord is plugged into the motherboard near the CPU.

Yes the video card does have power =[ but does that 8-pin auxiliary cord have to be plugged in from the psu? because I dont have one on my psu. only a 4 pin one. you think that goes in there even though the conection on my mobo is a 8 pin?

I went ahead and plug it in and It worked! =} I get video but It gets stuck at the very first screen that comes up. =[ gosh now what could be wrong? Thanks a lot for your help and time Rooster I'm on my way to having a working computer again! You are the best. what do you think is wrong now, since it now gets stuck at the bios screen.?

Back
Top Bottom