Printer Problem

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Hi folks, I have a printer that is constantly 'on' and when I tell it to print a document it just kicks-in and prints away quite merrily.

However, today I have tried to print and I keep getting a message that tells me 'The printer is off-line'. I don't understand this, can anyone enlighten me please.

Many thanks.

Power cycle the printer. Like any computer, it needs to be rebooted also.
Thanks for coming in to help with this. I have disconnected the printer for a while and then have reconnected it but, I am still getting the same message that it is off-line.

Edit; I just downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it fixed it.

Thanks for the help though.

Last edited:
I used to use the top feed little ones. Can't remember the model number. I'm sure it's long been phased out. They took a beating for about 6 months then the main drive gear would strip. They were cheap enough that replacing them was just a matter of going to the office supply and getting another one.

Years later I now use Epson. I personally have a Work Force 845. It's a mule. 2 years old and still ticking. We use the WF2540 at the front desk and I use the XP-410 in my office. Both were bought at the same time back in Sept of 2014. 2 packs of paper a day between them and not one hiccup. Ink's cheap and thankfully they both use the same ink packs. 3 colors and a black in a kit runs about $56.00usd. Lasts 3 weeks in either one.

Not bad on the prices either. The bang for the buck ratio is very good.

Remember too that changing the USB port causes Windows to see the device as new (deviceID + portId Pair), which means the "old" printer (other port) shows offline.

Back
Top Bottom