printer not working

you just first uninstall printer driver fully. then open run command and type regedit then click ok
find HP key and delete it. again type msconfig on run command and click ok
find and uncheck all hp related drivers and key then ok and click restart later
then open my computer and right click on c drive or your os drive and clean all temp files.
restart your computer
change printer USB post from computer and re-install printer driver.
--link removed--

Thanks

you just first uninstall printer driver fully. then open run command and type regedit then click ok
find HP key and delete it. again type msconfig on run command and click ok
find and uncheck all hp related drivers and key then ok and click restart later
then open my computer and right click on c drive or your os drive and clean all temp files.
restart your computer
change printer USB post from computer and re-install printer driver.

Thanks

Except it's an Epson he's got and not a HP.

BTW, stop posting that link in all your posts. 1. This isn't an advertising forum. 2. The linked page is pointless and has nothing to do with the topic at hand. 3. ComputerForums, funnily enough, is a computer forum that deals with computer problems/trouble shooting (as well as plenty other things) - there's no need to try and drag everyone to, what looks like, your own poor attempt at making a rival forum/blog.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

What version of Windows are you using. I'm gussing Windows XP.

A virtual printer port is how some versons of windows (Don't quote me on this, but I think XP was the last to do it) connect to USB printers. Historically, printers connected via the old Parrallel port (sometimes called a printer port). Some printers work by using an emulated printer port over USB to connect to the PC, hence what is happening here, as opposed to connecting to it natively over USB.

As previously mentioned, try removing all traces of the printer driver, but also, try removing/deleting that virtual printer port - just incase it's causing a problem too. Then reinstall the drivers from scratch (it will automatically create a new virtual port during re-install). Make sure that your printer is disconnected the whole time until it comes to re-installing the driver.

Let us know what happens with that.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom