printer/digital camera jack not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

joep204

Solid State Member
I recently moved my computer from one room to another and ever since then the jack where you plug the printer or digital camera (sorry i dont know the name of it) is not working. when i plug them into the jack the printer wont print and the computer won't read the camera so i can not upload any pictures. is there a way to fix this?

reinstall your mobo's USB or firewire drivers, or your drivers for the printer and the camera. that's what i would try first, and the jack is most likely a USB or a firewire, well most likely a USB, then maybe a firewire if it's a fairly new and loaded machine.

USB... drivers. should be on the motherboard's cd that came with it. Or if you know that make and model of your motherboard, you can go the maker's website and search for downloads for your paticular motherboard and look for USB drivers and download them and install them that way.

well i tried reintalling the printer and camera...and unfortunatly that didn't do anything. The computer i have i got used so i don't have any disks for it. Is there anyway for me to figure out the model of the mother board? or would it just be better for me to bring it to get fixed?

there are a couple programs that can help you find out what motherboard you have, and also find out what other components you have as well. i don't really remember the name of the one i had, i think it was called sisoft sandra or maybe sisoftware sandra. if no one else gets in this thread, i suggest making a new one asking how to find out what your computer's specs are, then more people will read it and tell you what they use.

i would not take the computer to the shop for something so easy to fix, i know the ones around here charge insane for labor even though it's like a ten second fix once you get the drivers.

i just thought of a few things, go into your control panel and then go to the icon of the computer that says "system". once in there, click on the hardware tab, then go to the hardware manager. open up and look at all the adapters and USB adapters, you may have to click on the "+" signs next to the icons to see the full view under each catogory. what we are looking for is to see if your USB adapter/controller or drivers have either a red "X" or an exclamation mark next to it. if anything does have the red x or exclamation mark, please go to properties to see if it is working properly and then try to troubleshoot it, sometimes windows can find the drivers by itself if you follow the troubleshooting instruction.

the above shoud work if you have XP, i don't know how to check if you have anything else.

first, thank you for all the help you are giving me

I have windows 2000 but i was able to find the USB options. It said that the devices were working properly. Should i check inside my computer for problems then? Or is there anythig else to do?

even though it says the devices are working properly, they obviously aren't so you should start the troubleshooter anyways. i wouldn't think that there could be a loose connection, but there may be. if you do decide to look for a loose connection, wait... are you wanting to use the front jacks or the rear? then i can tell you what to look for. just start up the troubleshooter first, then get back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom