Price matching and finance rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought their would be good money starting a company that ships things from the states where it's cheaper to the EU, even if you get charged import tax it's still a good 10% cheaper to do it that way than pay so much more to source it locally.

I priced match my recent purchase for a valid reason. I knew my chances of it working all in my favor was not good but worth the shot.

I was in the market for a new NAV that I wanted bad. It's a AVIC-Z110BT. Well Pioneer is offering a $200 rebate on this if you purchase it any time between 11/15 thru 12/31. You also had to purchase it from a "Authorized Pioneer Dealer". Which they have a list of all these dealers. Funny thing is all these dealers sell it for any where from $1200 to $1400. Newegg has it for $949 w/ free shipping but they are not authorized dealer.

Well I found one authorized dealer that had a price match form on his site! So I sent the newegg details to him to see what would happen. He responded and said if I buy from newegg I will not get the rebate, he was right about that. He also said he would not honor such a low price match usually but if I buy it that day he would do it for me this one time and I would also get the rebate! He gave me a coupon code that worked that day only and gave me $450 bucks off!!! So I got a $1400 unit for $750!

Best **** deal of the year for me!

I priced match my recent purchase for a valid reason. I knew my chances of it working all in my favor was not good but worth the shot.

I was in the market for a new NAV that I wanted bad. It's a AVIC-Z110BT. Well Pioneer is offering a $200 rebate on this if you purchase it any time between 11/15 thru 12/31. You also had to purchase it from a "Authorized Pioneer Dealer". Which they have a list of all these dealers. Funny thing is all these dealers sell it for any where from $1200 to $1400. Newegg has it for $949 w/ free shipping but they are not authorized dealer.

Well I found one authorized dealer that had a price match form on his site! So I sent the newegg details to him to see what would happen. He responded and said if I buy from newegg I will not get the rebate, he was right about that. He also said he would not honor such a low price match usually but if I buy it that day he would do it for me this one time and I would also get the rebate! He gave me a coupon code that worked that day only and gave me $450 bucks off!!! So I got a $1400 unit for $750!

Best **** deal of the year for me!

Nice. But yeah, thats a pretty specific circumstance.

I suppose you get annoyied with the people that see that you have the product marked down on special and then they say "Can you do any better than that?".

Last christmas I was selling a Point Of Sales Bundle. Barcode Scanner, Docket Printer, Cash Drawer. By themselves, the items are worth about $700. However my supplier give me a bundle where i can offer a discounted rate brinng the price down to $550. And just because it was christmas time, they were offering a further price reduction where every thing was working out to be $500. So it's a $200 saving and people are still asking for a better price.

So I did get some one that was asking for a better price, so I offered $450 as she was getting 2 bundles.Then she wanted free postage. No. That was not going to happen with me. Anyways, the client was mucking around whether she needed the items or not for her shop. I then told her to make up her mind before christmas as the price was going to go up to it's normal price in the new year.

So what does she do.... she sits on it over christmas then calls me first thing when I am back in the office asking if I can still give her the same deal as I did last year. No. My buy price has gone up, so does my sell price.

Now she's having a winge about it, and I reminded her that I did warn her that the price was going up in the new year.

However what really annoyies me is those people that see the On Special Advertised Price and then they insist that I go lower.

I suppose you get annoyied with the people that see that you have the product marked down on special and then they say "Can you do any better than that?".

Last christmas I was selling a Point Of Sales Bundle. Barcode Scanner, Docket Printer, Cash Drawer. By themselves, the items are worth about $700. However my supplier give me a bundle where i can offer a discounted rate brinng the price down to $550. And just because it was christmas time, they were offering a further price reduction where every thing was working out to be $500. So it's a $200 saving and people are still asking for a better price.

So I did get some one that was asking for a better price, so I offered $450 as she was getting 2 bundles.Then she wanted free postage. No. That was not going to happen with me. Anyways, the client was mucking around whether she needed the items or not for her shop. I then told her to make up her mind before christmas as the price was going to go up to it's normal price in the new year.

So what does she do.... she sits on it over christmas then calls me first thing when I am back in the office asking if I can still give her the same deal as I did last year. No. My buy price has gone up, so does my sell price.

Now she's having a winge about it, and I reminded her that I did warn her that the price was going up in the new year.

However what really annoyies me is those people that see the On Special Advertised Price and then they insist that I go lower.

True that gets to me as well. But at my work, the worst is when we have something like a $10 mp3 player, or $35 ipod docks and the customer wants me to set them up so they can hear how they sound..... are you serious? You get what you pay for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom