Price matching and finance rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking as a soon-to-be-owning-my-own-business...owner...? I think I can firmly say that price matchers can go to ****.

My shop is located in the middle of a small town with not a lot of stores. Next "major" city is a half hour drive away. If people think I'm going to price match wal-mart in the next town over they have another thing coming. I'm there for convenience, and I don't buy in large quantities. Some guy was trying to get me to price a bunch of stuff the other day just to try to argue with me over how he could get it cheaper elsewhere...then GO THERE. WHAT THE **** DUDE.

I disagree with the above posters on the 'no interest' finance for 6/12/24/36/whatever months being okay. You know the problem with that? The store you are buying from gets slagged. At my store its like 8% to cover the fact that they arnt going to be making any money from you unless you forget a payement. And my rule still applies, you shouldnt be getting a TV or game consoles or anything like that if you cant afford it, even on interest free.

Here is the only way to do 0% interest deals.

You already have the money. You put it in a savings account making 1-2%ish interest.

You make absolutely sure you pay it off in time with no missed payments. The catch is if you miss a payment or do not pay it time they apply interest to the whole amount and give it to you in a place where the sun don't shine.

Here is the only way to do 0% interest deals.

You already have the money. You put it in a savings account making 1-2%ish interest.

You make absolutely sure you pay it off in time with no missed payments. The catch is if you miss a payment or do not pay it time they apply interest to the whole amount and give it to you in a place where the sun don't shine.

This happened to me when I financed a PS3 at Best Buy when they first came out. Best Buy had a 6 month 0% interest. I signed up, and on the 2nd month my girlfriend forgot to mail the ****ing check (I was in Panama for a couple of months). Screwed me over completely.

There are two things I most regret doing while buying. 1- PS3, financed. 2- Motorcycle, financed.

zedman3d,
Which hardly normals you work at again? I might walk in there tomorrow asking for a LCD TV and a PS3 on Buyer's Edge. :)

I will kill you. LOL.

Hey... I see that you got 42" LCDs for under $1000. Time to dust off my buyier's edge card.

Only kidding. I did my pro-christmas shopping. Right now I got an entertainment unit that fits a 80cm TV perfectly. I still got my 10 year old Konka TV sitting in there and unless it dies, there is really no need for me to be upgrading.

Hey... I see that you got 42" LCDs for under $1000. Time to dust off my buyier's edge card.

Only kidding. I did my pro-christmas shopping. Right now I got an entertainment unit that fits a 80cm TV perfectly. I still got my 10 year old Konka TV sitting in there and unless it dies, there is really no need for me to be upgrading.

We had a FULL HD SAMSUNG 40" LCD for like $990. I went to get one at the end of my shift and they sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom