Prevent user domain from saving to a local HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&hs=0Ce&q=prevent+user+save+local+drives&btnG=Search&meta=

prevent users from saving to h/d

Prevent Users from saving to Desktop by GPO??? - Windows Server 2003

Hi

I have seen many threads related what I am asking , but I could not find step by step to do that .
Do I need a special group on the server and the edit group policy ?
Do I need to hide drives from users ?

I have been asked to do that for AD windows 2003 server , how can I prevent users domain from saving to his/her local drives (C, D, etc) , or my document or USB or CD.

I want to force him/her to save to a folder created on a server and mapped to his/her PC.

All workstations are windows XP professional SP3

I do not like to do it through each PC, I want to do it through server , I would assume we can do it,,,,wouldn't we ?

I know we have to do through GPO on a server,,,,could you please point me to step by step guide how to do that ?

Thanks

Using group policy, you can control which users are granted access to network resources. So you could make a folder for files that users can access, give permissions to the group, create a virtual drive for the folder, etc. Users could look at their computer and see this drive when it is in fact an alias for a folder or network drive. Depends on how elaborate this all would be in your work place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom