pretty awesome aerial maneuvers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i find it really hard to understand quite what is going on, especially when the plane is just a sillouette. dont know which way up it half the time.

some amazing stuff though. i like the bits in the 2nd one, where it seems to be stalling, and falling, backwards for a while before turning nose first again.

they were ARIGHT I guess. They need to just hurry up with the alien technology. This whole flying being limited to just going forward is really killing us. Sure they are getting better at making turns, but these suckers need to make complete 90 degree angles in a 10th of a second and be able to zig zag all over the sky.

THEN we'll have the advantage!

heh, lol. that would be pretty harsh on the pilot though...

we would have to get "alien cushions" to go on the sides of the cockpit as well, so the pilot can fly in comfort.

reminds me of the harrier I saw many years ago at an airshow doing stuff like that, useless these days but neat to watch

joshd said:

we would have to get "alien cushions" to go on the sides of the cockpit as well, so the pilot can fly in comfort.

nah, like a good racecar you dont sit in a fighter, you wear it, strapped in tight too with a G-suit so you cant move much

horndude said:
nah, like a good racecar you dont sit in a fighter, you wear it, strapped in tight too with a G-suit so you cant move much

even so, 90 degree angles in a 10th of a second at those speeds would still pound you. it would be your internals that get munchied. ~agrees that cushions wouldnt help, even alien ones...~

sorry nubius if i am being too pedantic...

Doesn't matter if your body is strapped in tight when your brain will still smash against the inside of your skull.

If the kind of crap I was talking about ever became reality, I figure they'd have some way to prevent shock happening to the pilot.....I mean after all, they've apparently designed some crazy new thrust system if it can be going straight then move any direction it wants in a 360 degree sphere instantly.

i really want to see the future. say 50 years from now. i imagine that it would be mind boggling for us...

yeah I can't wait until we're waving our canes and talking about government conspiracies and talk about how the worlds going to 'heck' like some of the old folks here do.

Even if I'm not senile, I'm going to act that way just cause I'll be old and people can't do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom