pretty awesome aerial maneuvers

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, it would probably be quite fun to have an excuse to moan about everything you could possibly think of.

joshd said:
i really want to see the future. say 50 years from now. i imagine that it would be mind boggling for us...

if fighters are still around, they will be unmanned by then, wont matter about G forces cept for the airframe

joshd said:
i really want to see the future. say 50 years from now. i imagine that it would be mind boggling for us...

The planes themselves will be similar to todayÂ’s, but the weapons will be different. For example, the B-52 has been around since 1955, yet it is still the most widely used bomber in the US inventory. The F-4 Phantom has been in service since 1960 and is still being used as an F-4G "Wild Weasel" for SAM suppression.

Those are 40 and 50 year old planes still being used!

I wouldn't be surprised if we're still using F/A-22's, B-2's and F-117's in 2045 or 2050. It simply costs too darn much to construct and airplane.

speaking of the f-22....it can detect, engage, and destroy all 3 of the planes in those videos at the same time before they ever detect it. manueverability isn't the main issue nowadays, it's avionics and stealthiness. sure this MiG and Sukhoi aircraft could probably outmanuever the f-22 in a dogfight, but that situation would likely never arise as they'd be destroyed long before.

the F-22 is still quite maneuverable, not to mention it can cruise at mach 1.5 (without afterburners)
in simulations against SU-27's, the F-22's just ate them for breakfast. the SU-27's could cobra all they like, but the F-22 only had to turn around, aim and fire.

but yeah, being stealth is probabbly its biggest advantage

but they are the most expensive fighter in the world (which is most likely why Australia aren't getting them)
$350 million US each, compared to the F-35 which is about $60 million US each

yea, i read about the sims. they also put 3 f-22's up against 22 f-15's (which have a 100% success record) and the f-22's destroyed ALL of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom