Presidental Election 2008: Pick and Defend Your Candidate!

I hate when people say 'I don't want to waste my vote', or 'My vote doesn't really matter',

Its attitudes like this that are destroying America, and that voter turnouts are so ridicolously low. Everyone should vote, at every level. Local elections all the way up to primaries. It doesn't matter if your candidate wins, your still making your voice heard.

Yeah but I'm voting in a state where my candidate is going to win by a landslide. I'm still going to vote, I just acknowledge its worth.

I pick Barack Obama
What i don't like about Dennis Kusinich (who i originally went for) is because he said he said that Barack Obama's choice to continue funding the war was wrong.

This is where i deeply disagree, and i feel somewhat offended.
...How are you going to go to a war, destroy the government, infrastructure, education, history, health, etc, and then say We must stop funding it. The iraq war is our responsibility and as the people who started it we must end it and fix Iraq, not just leave. that is very irresponsible. I don't care, democrat or republican. AMERICA started the war and it is AMERICAS responsibility to fix and leave Iraq. not to just destroy and then leave.

I don't like Hillary because she is a hippocrit and she claims that she it was a mistake that she voted for the war. well her mistake is responsible for millions of lives(although the tv says only 655000+ have died, its obviously more since you cant find all the dead bodies)

I don't want a president to make some stupid mistake like that. and i want a president with good choice and a president who takes responsibilities of his government regardless of what the current major party is.

I hate when people say 'I don't want to waste my vote', or 'My vote doesn't really matter',

Its attitudes like this that are destroying America, and that voter turnouts are so ridicolously low. Everyone should vote, at every level. Local elections all the way up to primaries. It doesn't matter if your candidate wins, your still making your voice heard.

Lets say a black man runs for president, (who could that be?). And he gets %20 of the vote. He didn't win, but that says something. It says for the first time in our history were ready for a minority president. And although he didn't win it still says something. Regardless.

FYI my candidate is Giuliani. He's got experience, good morals, isn't ultra-conservative, doesn't blindly follow his parties ideals, and showed he can handle crisis-management. And I know that he overuses it a lot, but the man did a great job. He united a city and kept it from falling into complete and utter chaos without his crisis center. Sure he can sound like a broken record, but it doesn't change the fact he did a great job on that horrible day.

I agree, every vote matters..very well put:)

However, I kinda disagree with the whole Giuliani thing, the real heros are the first responders and their commanders. They ran in, did the search and rescues and coordinated the response and some gave it all. And it was their fallen comrades and fellow countrymens sacrifices that united the city and country. Not one mans leadership. Besides, wasn't it Giuliani's and his city planners idea to build the crisis center next to the world trade center?

I don't want to sound like I'm knocking him, but I just get tired of everyone praising him for being the hero of 9/11 when it was really a host of other men and women who will in all likely hood will never get the recognition they deserve.

Great win for Obama tonight - in Iowa too... Very impressive! Jeez that was close! Giuliani isn't done yet, he's just spread out his campaigning and chose not to focus much on Iowa.

If Mike Huckabee is our president, I swear I'm packing my bags and moving to Canada

I agree, every vote matters..very well put:)

However, I kinda disagree with the whole Giuliani thing, the real heros are the first responders and their commanders. They ran in, did the search and rescues and coordinated the response and some gave it all. And it was their fallen comrades and fellow countrymens sacrifices that united the city and country. Not one mans leadership. Besides, wasn't it Giuliani's and his city planners idea to build the crisis center next to the world trade center?

I don't want to sound like I'm knocking him, but I just get tired of everyone praising him for being the hero of 9/11 when it was really a host of other men and women who will in all likely hood will never get the recognition they deserve.

You hit the nail on the head. I think it's sick that he's using that as a campaign booster. If 9/11 didn't happen, I don't think he would be running for president. He did a lot of good things as mayor, but jumping form mayor to president is a huge leap.

Great win for Obama tonight - in Iowa too... Very impressive! Jeez that was close! Giuliani isn't done yet, he's just spread out his campaigning and chose not to focus much on Iowa.

If Mike Huckabee is our president, I swear I'm packing my bags and moving to Canada

Obama has a good message and I like what he's doing but I disagree with a lot of his policies. Also he hasn't really done much in the senate either which is a red flag for me. If someone can't do their job as a senator, what will they do as president? Also I like Huckabee, but I don't feel he's suited to be president. I think he would be better in a VP slot, or in a high cabinet position or something.

The idea of a baptist minister running the US scares the hell outta me.

The fact he was a full time minister has nothing to do with his leadership ability's, Jesus by that token I could say Mitt Romney and his Mormon beliefs are more cause for concern as they are technically considered a Christian cult. I believe that Faith shouldn't govern politics but having a religious man as president is nothing new is it?

You know sometimes I get kinda sick of all the religious bashing that goes on here.

McCain would be the way to go to save our country. He's a liberal conservative and says it the way it is. He's an honest guy and knows how things have to work. Obama claims he's going to pull the military out right away which is virtually impossible, McCain knows that it will take some time, just look at Vietnam....it's the same war people!

McCain is the way to go

I dont know who to pick yet, but if Clinton is picked... I have a feeling some one will assassinate her. But I dont know why anyone would ant to be president in this situation gooing on right now.

Back
Top Bottom