Pre Builts . . .

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

I know a lot of you may roll your eyes at this thread BUT . . . . it seems to me that there isn't a huge price difference nowa days between some pre builts and what you could build it yourself for.

Sure it may not have exactly what you want in it or be upgradeable much in the future but if your a simply folk like me, then are they now worth considering?

newsletter - Aria PC

For example, is rather cheap, and I've seem them cheaper for a similar spec.

What are your thoughts.

For sure. They aren't going to be as powerful or as upgradeable, but I've never had a problem recommending or buying a pre-built from Wal-Mart. Sometimes its actually easier and they work just as well for most people (surfing/word processing/etc).

Unless you're into heaving gaming or editing I think they are fine.

. . . and Girls of course ;)

Yeah I guess so, I've just seen a couple of offers and been like hmm I couldn't build it for cheaper, i'm sure back in my early building days you'd save like £200 on a £600 build over what they sold in the shops.

HP seems to be a major player in the wal mart and office supply places with their prebuilt line. Some of it is pretty impressive with i7 chips and integrated upper end sound and graphics. But like any prebuilt you are limited in the upgrade department.
The PSU is really the big limiting factor. Some pre makers have a custom sized PSU box and you play the dickens trying to find a higher capacity PSU to fit in the case. Add a mid to high end graphics card and you have to swap out the PSU. Catch 22.
Shop carefully.

Back
Top Bottom