Powercolor HD 4830 to Plasma 50 inch 720p

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
Ok i have a powercolor hd 4830 which has built in hdmi and i just bought this LG PQ30 TV which ill get on Sept 8th..

But now reviews online say pc to tv connections look terrible on 720p with the low resolution. i guess itll be all distorted and blurry when i hook it up, according to techpowerup.

Do any of you guys have any experience on this?? is 720p ok for pc gaming?

why would it look pretty terrible?. i dont get why everyone says i need 1920x1080 res just for a pc to look decent on a tv

i guess ill just see for myself

why would it look pretty terrible?. i dont get why everyone says i need 1920x1080 res just for a pc to look decent on a tv

i guess ill just see for myself
720P is 1280x720, is it not? That's around the same res as a 15" monitor, except this is a 50" TV. When you set the resolution to the lowest setting in a game, it looks like crap, doesn't it?

720P is 1280x720, is it not? That's around the same res as a 15" monitor, except this is a 50" TV. When you set the resolution to the lowest setting in a game, it looks like crap, doesn't it?

But you also have to factor in that i will be sitting about 8 feet away from my tv. which is incredibily different then when you are sitting a few inches away from a monitor. Also if i set 16x AA and 16x AF that could probably offset the low resolution on a big screen. And In newer tvs you can set your pc to 1920x1080 res and have your TV just downscale but it will look significantly better than just setting it at 1280x720.. but who knows until i get the tv right??

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=125726

Back
Top Bottom