powercolor 9250

Hmmm...I think, as ownage stated, that you have a micro ATX motherboard. Because I have absolutly NO idea of any motherboard that can support a P4, DDR RAM, but yet has no AGP slot. It has got to be Micro ATX.

Are you positive that it isn't AGP (Advanced Graphics Port)? Because I'm baffled with how you can support such modern technology, yet you can't support an AGP slot.

My old Radeon 9250, which I have in my hand right now, doesn't have an extra place for power, so I don't think you need to connect your 9250 to the PSU, but I could still be wrong. Let me dig up some info on this PowerColor Radon 9250...

*fifteen minutes later*

Ok here's what I got...

I found no PCI version of the Radeon 9250 to have 256MB of memory. With that in mind, I honestly think your card is AGP. Does it have a space in the card, you know where all the pins are, the gold stuff...Because you should check to see if it's keyed for 1.5V. Keyed meaning that in the card part there is a space, roughly 3/4s towards the end of the card is where the space should be. Now I know PCI has a keyed slot, but most Radeon 9250s in AGP have more then one keyed slot in the card.

If your card has two or three keyed areas on the card, then it's AGP. If not, then it's PCI. BUt then that should make your PCI card only have 128MB of memory.

Tricky stuff this is...

okay

i'm 100% sure thats i have a pci slot and my 9250 is pci
and i have no flippin idea why i don't have an agp slot, ask the "geniuses" at ibm

i know that the 9250 should work in my computer because i used the same exact kind of card in the computer which did work for about a month, then happened, then i mailed it back in to newegg and i got a new card back

five minutes later while searching newegg

wtf?? i can't find the vid card i got on newegg anymore

two minutes later going to power color website

http://www.powercolor.com/main_product_detail.asp?id=44

hoo-freakin'-ray, i'm not completly crazy and i'm not dreaming of ideal vid cards for my specific computer

lol jk

edit

i searched my comp for all files that had "ati techonologies" as lyk the company and deleted them, it was only lyk 29 of em

Well...I honestly don't know what to tell you. I would just sell your entire computer and upgrade form the ground up. Sure it may take awhile, but once you start up a new PC that has a nice AMD 64 or P4 and an AGP8x or PCI-E slot...whooo wheee it's so much nicer.

Take my advice, sell the old, upgrade to the new.

Back
Top Bottom