Power Supply...

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
I'm looking at getting a power supply for my build. Look at 650 watts or greater....and simply asking what are some elite ones out there.

Look for one that the cables aren't all attached, but i plug in the ones i need. Please recommend something to me...thanks all :)

i like the SilverStone ST70F 700W that you posted up :).

I'm just gonna wait abit to see what others have to offer here. Thanks for your suggestions Mate :)

Lets see, I'm using the 700W OCZ GameXstream power supply right now and it does the job for me.
Best companies that I know of are: FSP group, Silverstone, Corsair, and OCZ, though the first three are probably better.

well i'm going to be running SLI 9800's....got lots of case fans...2 HD's....so just want to make sure i have a sufficient amount of power :)

Amps on the 12volt rails is what you need to look at. 15 to 18 is average. Above that to about 20 or so is good for mid range rigs. 25 and above is good for high end.

If you are running multi GPUs, make sure you don't go for an EPS12V spec PSU, as they are designed for servers and will be supplying two 12V rails to the CPU, and the GPUs will always be sharing with other components.

Stay away from the cheaper Antec units, they are manufactured by low quality OEMs. Anything from Channel well (Thermaltake Toughpower, Xclio Greatpower, Xigmatek lineup) will be of good quality. OCZ's OEM is the FSP group who are a reputable manufacturer.

And last thing, make sure you look for an "80 Plus" efficiency rating.

Back
Top Bottom