Baseband Member
MY family bought a Sony Vaio RS-620G

Specs--
Intel Pentium 4 3.0E Ghz 800Mhz FSB
512 MB PC3200 ram
160 Gig Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB Video
Integrated sound

This computer was pretty decent, i added an extra stick of 512 Ram (not dual channel) and i also bought a 9800 Pro 128 MB 256 bit Video Card.... well the card wasnt performing very well..and my computer started acting up on me when we put it in, we just thoguht we had some spyware thatw as causing the computer to run crappy, so about a mnth goes by, and checking to see if there was n e spyware (which there wasnt) we figured out that our Vaio only has a 260W P/S....so i had to take out my 9800 :( and i miss it, so my question is...Will an aftermarket P/S fit into my Vaio? some guy at best buy said hte bolt holes probably wont line up and that we are stuck with this P/S, I want to buy a good 350W P/S but i dontn wanna spen the 50 bucks and it not fit.....Can n e of you help me? BTW this is my first post...How u guys doing? haha

Hello, and welcome to CF! Two things first: don't spam and have fun here! well, as far as I know, Sony makes their own custom parts. The p/s will prolly fit in that case alone. I don't think a case change would suffice... don't know what componenets would fit and what not. But yeah. It prolly won't work. You could try though. Go to bestbuy, make sure the return policy is good on opened equipment, and then buy a p/s and try it. If it works, great. If not, take it back and get it your money back. Hope this helps....

Welcome to CF! The dudes at best buy told you that you were stuck with that psu, so they could sell you an entirely new computer. I'm sure you could buy a better psu and it would fit, and, if the screw holes don't allign, you could always pull out the drimmel.

haha awesome i guess ill jusy try and put a new one in there and if it dont work ill take it back...or dremel here i come! hahaha, Thsi place is really fast at replying holy w00ter! o and one more thing, is a P/S hard to put in, ive never did it before, but i have put in video cards, sound cards, Hard drives ect.... just never a P/S thanks for all the help!

power supplies are really easy, just remember where all the plugs go, or write them down. Then remove screws. Take out old one. Put in new one and screw in. Put plugs back in. And you are done.

Yeah, and make sure you use a nice power surge protector. You don't want those nice components to go to waste...

Back
Top Bottom