power supply problems???

killzoneman0

In Runtime
i just got my aspire 520 watt psu in the mail today. i am planning to use it to build my new computer. i already have a case for the computer. should i leave it in the box it came in or put it in the case? also, should i see if it powers up before i put it in the case or should i power it up and then put it back in the box?

I'd leave it in the box. You'll find that if you insert it in the case now, you might have to take it out to insert the components in later so no point really.

It also will not power up without the motherboard in, and so you can't just plug it in and test it, since it relies on the motherboard power switch.

So if you have tried that already, and it hasn't powered up when you've flicked the switch at the back, don't worry :p

Yeah, it's best just to leave it there. Of course, you should make sure that it can fit in your case but if you already know that then well just leave it. i agree with the above statements from kage... just leave it there because of the mobo is an essential part in powering up... yeah...

Back
Top Bottom