Power Problems ?

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right i recent bought my new case which came with a PSU yes its an unbraded case and PSU before u criticise lol.

and well heres the problem my pc is usually on 24 hours a day and maybe thats y i jus noticed it i jus got my 64 bit vista and 64 bit XP and decided to install them on my pc now.

so i have and im happy to say they are working fine but...

not because my comp has been sat off for like 2 hours or so when i goto turn it on the fans power up screen dont come off standbye then it powers down, but if i press the power button again it comes on and runs for hours on end ??

what the problem here its almost like wen u jus plug your power lead in and the fans have a quick spin except my LED lights come on aswell...

its not really a major problem jus annoyin and obviuosly the workaround is easy i jus turn it on again lol.

but id like ti know whats causing it could it be a lack of wattage ?
its a 400W PSU and i got

Pentium D 915
Asus P5vd2-MX mobo
2Gb DDR2 533 Mhz RAM
2 DVD RW drives
1 Hardrive
1 set of blue neons
1 set of red neons
2 multi LED fans
1 red LED fan
2 blue LED lights at front of case
7300LE graphics card

think thats it ... might sound like alot but i always thought the neons and fans took almost no power ?

muz

Golden Master
Well if its a no brand one it may not be pushin anywhere near 400W or whatever the current is on the +12rail so this could be causing problems

It could also be a short on your motherboard somewhere or a short elswhere in circuits as i have a ghetto rigged connection for a case fan and if it knocks and shorts the circuit the PSU powers down then i have to unplug the psu from the wall and plug it back in to get it to power again without the short

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Sounds to me like your +12v rail is sagging, I would get a beefier PSU and try that. Something around 500 watts and a good brand like Thermaltake, Antec, Aspire, or the like.

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right so is this something i need to do immediately or only if it botheres me that much ?

i mean i had the case like 2 weeks so i guess i could return it its jus a pain in the ass with all the building and rebuiding

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
There's no replacement for a good power supply. Your pc will probably run a little better with the good psu also. I wouldn't chance powering my brand new stuff with some off-brand psu.

ssc456

Fully Optimized
bugger looks like i gonna have to buy a new PSU.

oh wait i think i have a PSU in my old case but i dunno what make it is ill have to check it wen i can bothered the case is at bottom of cupboard