Power Point keeps trying to repair file

berndtbecke

Beta member
I have a user running Office 2010 that every time they open a given Power Point file it prompts them to repair the file:
'PowerPoint found unreadable content in Presentation.pptx. PowerPoint can attempt to repair the presentation.
If you trust the source of this presentation, click Repair."
If you click repair, it does not appear to make any changes to the file and it opens but it says:
"PowerPoint removed unreadable content in Presentation [Repaired]. You should review this presentation to determine whether any content was unexpectedly changed or removed."
If you choose 'cancel' as opposed to 'repair' it simply does not open the file.
I can't open this same file on other machines running Powerpoint 2010. I have tried running a repair of Office as well as all available office updates to resolve. Any help I can get on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

If you can't open the file on other computers either as you stated, then the file has an issue. You'll need a good copy of the file to try to open. Repairing Office won't do any good. Do other files open without problems on that machine?

Have you checked properties for a previous version? Sounds like some data inside it has corrupted. The repair won't always work.

Mind sharing how you solved your issue in case somebody else has a similar issue and finds this thread?

Back
Top Bottom