Power LED Flashing

arrowshooter

Solid State Member
Three months ago I put together a computer using an MSI PM8M-V Mobo with a Celeron D340 and 1 gig ram. Everything worked great but I noticed that the Power LED would flash about once per second when machine was off. I did find that this flashing would stop when I unpluged the DSL cable from the LAN port and then start again when repluged but did not hinder machine at all. Last night I noticed that the light was flashing very fast and when I pushed the start button nothing happened. First I thought it was the power button so I replaced it with one that I knew worked and still nothing. I then left the DSL cable off and after awhile the light quit flashing and computer worked fine. But when I plugged wire back in and turned off the machine, the light was flashing fast and I could not restart. Now I'm stuck. Any ideas? Thanks

could the light thats flashing be the internet card activity light?..try unplugging your computer and dsl line..for a couple of mins..and try plugging back in...probally starting with dsl line first, then power...hope this helps a little..good luck...oh and from what i read, the celeron processors are very bad and slow.

Thanks for the reply Shawn. I have tried all mentioned and for now have decided to just keep the DSL unplugged until I need to go online. And you're correct about the Celeron but I do not do any "gameing" so it's just fine for me, Thanks again.

Just a followup. For the heck of it I pulled the mother board to isolate it from the case and tried a new power supply. What do you know, my power supply had a short that was causing my problem.

Back
Top Bottom