Potentially the longest thread in history...

I remember that from a decade ago doing N+ or A+. Pretty stupid. There were pretty strange and weird spelling mistakes on the AZ104 exam I just did. Not what you expect when you pay $160 and it's a coveted professional qualification.
I guess you'll have to tell your employer that your dog ate your company voucher and that is why you paid it for yourself?

I remember that from a decade ago doing N+ or A+. Pretty stupid. There were pretty strange and weird spelling mistakes on the AZ104 exam I just did. Not what you expect when you pay $160 and it's a coveted professional qualification.
Make that $320 USD and that was the Sec+ in 2018.

Words I never thought i'd say: The new Modern Warfare 2 looks pretty fun, the Ground War mode seems somewhat Battelfield-esque on a smaller map and looks quite fun, but without the new Battlefield games' jank. Will actually try out the beta this weekend.

In other news, I want a 4090.. but not for that price. Will definitely hold out. Hopefully in a year they will be cheaper with better versions available and games that take advantage of the increased RT performance.

Last edited:
I always believed in holding back on the first gen./batch of xPU's. Somehow they tend to have unwanted stuff rectified later. Yet I broke the rule and got a 2060. Luckily it was okay.

Words I never thought i'd say: The new Modern Warfare 2 looks pretty fun, the Ground War mode seems somewhat Battelfield-esque on a smaller map and looks quite fun, but without the new Battlefield games' jank. Will actually try out the beta this weekend.

In other news, I want a 4090.. but not for that price. Will definitely hold out. Hopefully in a year they will be cheaper with better versions available and games that take advantage of the increased RT performance.
Prices won't decrease, how they're positioned and priced was deliberate.

I've played the beta. It's largely MW2019 with a few tweaks. The biggest and greatest one being taking out slide canceling which has caused all the kids to start Halo jumping. Pacing is a bit slower as well.

Prices won't decrease, how they're positioned and priced was deliberate.

I've played the beta. It's largely MW2019 with a few tweaks. The biggest and greatest one being taking out slide canceling which has caused all the kids to start Halo jumping. Pacing is a bit slower as well.

To be honest I never played the 2019 version so i've no idea how it compares. In fact I have not played more than a few hours of CoD MP in the past 5 years or so. But idk, I keep watching streams, looks quite fun.

You're probably right about the 4090 I guess. Maybe AMD can come out with something better and cheaper but probably not, also im an RTX fanboy.

To be honest I never played the 2019 version so i've no idea how it compares. In fact I have not played more than a few hours of CoD MP in the past 5 years or so. But idk, I keep watching streams, looks quite fun.

You're probably right about the 4090 I guess. Maybe AMD can come out with something better and cheaper but probably not, also im an RTX fanboy.
Man, missing out. BF ate the big weiner with 2042, but once they got that anti-cheat going CoD is straight winrar. I honestly don't give a rat's ass about Warzone or anything battle royale related. So when I talk CoD it's all MP. Outside of nostalgia, I think MW2019 has been the best CoD to date minus the rampant cheating after Warzone dropped. This just seems to expand on that as it really looks like the same game just improved upon. Runs great on both PC and PS5 as expected.

No definitely right, this was warned about before the announcement by many avenues after the shareholder/investor talk. They talk about shortening sell-in to control inventory flow, so they can use 3000 series as a fill in and keep 4000 series pricing high to compensate for the loss of mining. Next thing you know eVGA drops out and everybody is pissed about what's going on. Then Uncle Huang himself tries justifying the pricing by saying Moore's Law is dead in a nonchalant way. Like bro, it's greed trying to keep those profits Covid high. Mum has been the word this whole time on AMD with barely any info. This could either be good, or very bad since they went MCM. I really hope RDNA3 isn't a Ryzen 1 type of thing.

Man, missing out. BF ate the big weiner with 2042, but once they got that anti-cheat going CoD is straight winrar. I honestly don't give a rat's ass about Warzone or anything battle royale related. So when I talk CoD it's all MP. Outside of nostalgia, I think MW2019 has been the best CoD to date minus the rampant cheating after Warzone dropped. This just seems to expand on that as it really looks like the same game just improved upon. Runs great on both PC and PS5 as expected.

No definitely right, this was warned about before the announcement by many avenues after the shareholder/investor talk. They talk about shortening sell-in to control inventory flow, so they can use 3000 series as a fill in and keep 4000 series pricing high to compensate for the loss of mining. Next thing you know eVGA drops out and everybody is pissed about what's going on. Then Uncle Huang himself tries justifying the pricing by saying Moore's Law is dead in a nonchalant way. Like bro, it's greed trying to keep those profits Covid high. Mum has been the word this whole time on AMD with barely any info. This could either be good, or very bad since they went MCM. I really hope RDNA3 isn't a Ryzen 1 type of thing.

Thing is things impact the cost here in a way they dont in the US, the US/GBP exchange rate is absolutely horrific at the moment, and the launch prices are all 100's of £'s above actual MSRP. The store price can come down with Nvidia actually changing pricing.

Thing is things impact the cost here in a way they dont in the US, the US/GBP exchange rate is absolutely horrific at the moment, and the launch prices are all 100's of £'s above actual MSRP. The store price can come down with Nvidia actually changing pricing.
They won't though, that's what I'm saying. The 4000 series is placed and priced to sit above 3000 series with room to launch sku's in between the current cards they announced. They rigged it this way so 3000 series won't be sold for pennies on the dollar/pound/euro. They have no intention of lowering current costs to let the new cards fall in price later. Even if AMD was competitive, they still won't. People have to vote with their wallets to kill this behavior and nobody will.

They won't though, that's what I'm saying. The 4000 series is placed and priced to sit above 3000 series with room to launch sku's in between the current cards they announced. They rigged it this way so 3000 series won't be sold for pennies on the dollar/pound/euro. They have no intention of lowering current costs to let the new cards fall in price later. Even if AMD was competitive, they still won't. People have to vote with their wallets to kill this behavior and nobody will.

Don't kill my hopes and dreams dude :ROFLMAO:

Intel Arc will save us!

Back
Top Bottom