Potentially the longest thread in history...

Hope things go well with you and the family, PP M.

So, I swapped the clutch driven fan with an electric. Huge difference. Temps and A/C now received huge improvements. Those with scorching climates will know what I mean.
Ha, I'm no mechanic but that stuff is just like PCs when it comes to cooling. Can almost guarantee my wife's vehicle suffers from an engine compartment and condenser too small issue so it's getting heat soaked as well.

Speaking of work, I was online for 15 hours yesterday, 10 of which were with Microsoft that were absolutely useless and even broke our environment further. Director cussed them out and said mute unless these guys need you.
Microsoft Support is just a lucky dip. There are really knowledgeable engineers but it's a crapshoot if you'll get one. If you have a Microsoft account manager they can help get you in touch with more senior teams easier.

We do, and we were with the Sev-A team.

Rip that sucks. I guess you got unlucky.

In other news I was supposed to spend the entire day studying ready for tomorrow, but I just got burnt out after 3 hours. I've been studying for three weeks now, and I just can not hold any more info in my head about azure. The fact I need to remember this huge matrix table of every az storage account type, what they support, what redundancy they can use is just melting my head. And stupid because in real life you can just spend 5 seconds checking. So i've stopped studying, the exam will just go however it goes.

Rip that sucks. I guess you got unlucky.

In other news I was supposed to spend the entire day studying ready for tomorrow, but I just got burnt out after 3 hours. I've been studying for three weeks now, and I just can not hold any more info in my head about azure. The fact I need to remember this huge matrix table of every az storage account type, what they support, what redundancy they can use is just melting my head. And stupid because in real life you can just spend 5 seconds checking. So i've stopped studying, the exam will just go however it goes.
I did the same with Sec+, and said screw it and just went in to do it. Shy of passing by 2 points only because there's a lot of crap in there that doesn't even pertain to my field.

I'm not surprised, actually. You cut yourself too short, mate.
You know, my mom has spent my entire life telling me the same thing...
I did the same with Sec+, and said screw it and just went in to do it. Shy of passing by 2 points only because there's a lot of crap in there that doesn't even pertain to my field.
Yeah I feel you. I do find a lot of the exam stuff is just not important stuff and it's basically testing your memory. Why am I being tested on things that you can check documentation for very quickly ? and even if in real life you did remember, if you were deploying important infrastructure, you would double check the documentation anyway. Also some of the questions I had today dealt with the absolute minutia of Azure details that I really rolled my eyes at. I work with very experienced Azure consultants daily and they definitely no not hold in their head these pedantic details and recall them verbatim whenever you ask, they google it like any other sane human being.

You know, my mom has spent my entire life telling me the same thing...

Yeah I feel you. I do find a lot of the exam stuff is just not important stuff and it's basically testing your memory. Why am I being tested on things that you can check documentation for very quickly ? and even if in real life you did remember, if you were deploying important infrastructure, you would double check the documentation anyway. Also some of the questions I had today dealt with the absolute minutia of Azure details that I really rolled my eyes at. I work with very experienced Azure consultants daily and they definitely no not hold in their head these pedantic details and recall them verbatim whenever you ask, they google it like any other sane human being.
I think what made my test worse being Comptia is that they have questions with answers that are actually verifiably wrong. I did the 401, and when I was studying for the 501 version I noticed more obviously wrong answers to questions and said fuck it.

I think what made my test worse being Comptia is that they have questions with answers that are actually verifiably wrong. I did the 401, and when I was studying for the 501 version I noticed more obviously wrong answers to questions and said fuck it.

I remember that from a decade ago doing N+ or A+. Pretty stupid. There were pretty strange and weird spelling mistakes on the AZ104 exam I just did. Not what you expect when you pay $160 and it's a coveted professional qualification.

Back
Top Bottom